When Workbar members need advice they can ask their own community- a network of connected, smart professionals who love helping each other out. Here is the most recent query:
"Does anyone have a very simple to-do list app that they like to use? I'm looking for something nice and clean, not too muddled with extra features, and preferably available as a google chrome extension."
Here's what Workbar members use:
And here's what they had to say about them:
- "That would be Momentum."
-" Wunderlist. It's great! You can make recurring tasks, add files, include subtasks, and create folders."
- "Small lists: Google Keep It has a Chrome Extension as well."
- "Larger projects / shared work: Trello
- "I use Trello to manage tasks using Getting Things Done (GTD) productivity system and find it very effective, especially when I follow it :) Take a look at this article
describing the system."
is a super simple Chrome extension leveraging Google Tasks. For mobile use, gTasks also utilizes Google Tasks with very useful and easy to use features."
- "I <3 'Tasks (Free version)'. Simple, interfaces with Google Tasks, and it just works."
? Works well for our business needs."
- "I'll add one more to the list: Any.Do
is simple, and comes in web-based and app versions with a clean interface that includes reminders, sub-tasks, and a simple prioritization system."
- "I've tried a few, including Todoist, but always fall back to Evernote."
- "I'm a big fan of Clear
if you're on iOS/OS X."
- A little late, but TeuxDeux
is my beloved to-do list app. It balances high efficiency with effectiveness for daily/weekly tasks and has persistent organization at the bottom for long-term tasks. Great for design-y people who value simplicity and use their to-do as a daily tool (rather than for set-it-and-forget-it reminders).