The Occupational Safety and Health Act requires employers to comply with safety and health standards and regulations promulgated by OSHA or by a state with an OSHA-approved state plan.
In accordance, we have created this set of health and safety guidelines.
- Maintain all areas of the space in safe working conditions
- Provide guidelines to employees and members for maintaining a safe and productive work environment
- Educate staff on how to address safety concerns and incidents in the workplace
- Communicate any changes to the health and safety guidelines, or any potential health or safety concern to employees and members
- Respond accordingly to reports of any hazards, accidents or injuries
Workbar requires employees to:
- Act in a safe manner, with intent to avoid injury to themselves and others
- Report any potential safety hazards or concerns to Workbar
- Report any accident or injury to Workbar
- Follow all health and safety guidelines listed below
- Maintain good hygiene
- Promote frequent and thorough hand washing, including by providing workers, customers, and worksite visitors with a place to wash their hands.
- Encourage workers to stay home if they are sick.
- Encourage respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes. Always wash hands after.
- Keeping the space clean
- Community managers perform frequent dishwashing and spot cleaning duties
- Reinforce community guidelines to ensure members are cleaning up after themselves
- Professional cleaning staff perform cleanings every evening
- Avoiding office when sick or when a household member is sick
- Food safety – dispose of old or expired food, keep areas where food/beverage is consumed clean
Preventing workplace accidents and injuries
- Clean up spills immediately to avoid slip and fall accidents
- First Aid Kits kept stocked and up to date in all locations
- Ergonomic furniture, encouraging staff and members to get up and move during the day
- Provide training and proper equipment for any tasks that pose potential risk of injury
- Emergency evacuation routes posted in all locations
- Emergency response plan established and communicated
- All emergency equipment maintained in good working order (fire extinguishers, sprinklers routinely inspected, fire alarm testing by building, first aid kits checked and replenished)
- Door access is secured through programmed key cards
- Cameras are implemented in select locations
- Guest check in facilitated through Wobbe platform, using members guest wifi
- Our staff and security measures ensure unauthorized individuals are not granted access to the space
- Workbar offers wellness focused events
- For events with alcohol, we issue strict guidance that attendees do not drink in excess and make responsible decisions
- For events with alcohol, we enforce a strict no drinking and driving policy and advise attendees to use public transportation, rideshare services or to call a sober friend